My Goals

When I was younger, I knew that I wanted a job that was constantly dealing with and helping people. My grandpa on my mother’s side was in the RCMP and so was my uncle, and my dad always wanted to be but it never worked out for him. When I entered high school, I came to the realization that policing was a career I was passionate about. I did camps and programs with the RCMP, and truly believed that it was the career I was born to do. I still believe this, but I have always been told to go to school and do what your passionate about, and to not tailor your education around policing. My moms a teacher, and I have grown up around her classroom and her kids. I knew that I loved children, and I have always loved going into my moms class and taking control. Since policing is not a guaranteed job, I decided that focusing my university education with the end goal to come out with a teaching degree would set up me well for the future. So, with this in mind, I decided to major in history and minor in english to give me the best opportunities. I am also taking french, as I graduated with my double dogwood, as I would like to teach french immersion. Grade two would be my ideal age, it is the grade that my mom has always taught. The kids are at such a nice age, and the amount of love the show towards my mom is something that I want to have in my life. So I plan to get a post-degree teaching degree and teach french immersion grade two for a couple of years. If I am completely fulfilled and happy, I will most likely continue to teach and hopefully become a principal in the future. If not, I want to join the RCMP. I have always wanted to be in the dog section, but if this does not work out I will teach and maybe do the auxiliary program that they offer.