My Education Plan

When I was younger I thought a lot about my future and what it would look like. I wish I could say my life has panned out how I envisioned it, but it has definitely taken it’s own path. I have come to learn that that is simply how life plays out, and that most things do not match up with your expectations. I came to TRU to play soccer, in which I do not play anymore. Part of me wishes that I had gone to another school that offers a four year teaching program, but I’ve come to realized that I am very happy with the way my education has planned out. I cannot even imagine being finished school next year and teaching already at the age of 22.

My parents live on the coast, and my boyfriend lives in Alberta. I am applying to all of the post-degree education programs in B.C and Alberta, and where I decide to go depends on what my life look like in two years when I’m done my degree. Ideally, I would like to attend University of Calgary and live with my boyfriend as he does vet medicine there. We will see. UBC’s program has also caught my interest, specifically because they offer a French Cohort which looks particularly promising.